The MEP AND ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICAL Manager lead and organize design and detail design by a designer S/C. He also manage own method team and participle to the end of the structural works detail design. He provides direction and guidelines for the preparation of MEP and Archi execution sub-contract and is involved in the S/C selection.
He’s in relation with the contracted S/C for each aspect of the works and survey/monitor shop drawings issuance and approval. The MEP AND ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICAL Manager is in close relation with the Independent checking engineer to organize approval and review at each stage of the design.
The MEP AND ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICAL Manager must work with the S/C and their dedicated MEP teams to ensure that the project operation parameters are well understood and delivered before handover to the client. Review with the MEP subcontractors tenders, oversee subcontractor’s selections, monitor performances, and assist on technical side for claims/dispute issues.
Oversee ongoing interface/coordination process with the RS/PS partner (XXX) and within the others sub-projects (in particular for Systems as they interface across the sub-projects), highlight potential interface issues and actively participate to the solutions. Monitor process and advise Management of issues affecting the project delivery in term of costs and time.
- Strong knowledge of MEP Systems (all aspects – design, function, installations, integration, testing & commissioning)
- Experience in Testing & Commissioning process in large and complex multidisciplinary projects
- Knowledge of RAMS/RAM requirements process
- Strong knowledge of scheduling/planning and tracking of progress
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and writing skills, with regards to contractual communication
- Knowledge of risk assessment and contingency planning
- Awareness/Exposure on various Construction/System methodologies
- People management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral presentation and communication skill
- Ability to concisevely provide directions, guideline and mentoring
- A history of Testing & Commissioning on large scale projects, preferably with some rail experience
- Ability to interface with external entities such as Employers, Consultants, Government Authorities, Service Providers
- Railway experience is an advantage